home about me our home

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Fun Blue and White Summer Pieces!!

I got an email from World Market last night and on the front page they had an array of some fun blue and white items that they are calling, “Our New Eastern Indigo Collection.”

As soon as I saw the blue and white it peeked my interest. I love the crisp look of blue and white. Summertime is the perfect time to add blue and white to our homes, inside or out.
Here are just a few of the fun and reasonably priced items that I saw…….



wool chrocheted rug 3x5 49.99 world marketThis blue and white wool crocheted rug measuring 3X5 is only $49.99!!



Indigo Koi cube 79.99 world market 
A handy cube that can be used as an ottoman for $79.99.



Indian Koy bamboo rug 4x6 49.99 world market
This is a bamboo koi rug measuring 4X6ft. I think this would make an amazing wall hanging. Just think about using it outside on the wall. What a fun summer addition for your backyard.


koi tea pot 19.99
For $19.99 I think this fish tea pot is adorable. It would make a wonderful container for the green leaves of a hosta and some white hydrangeas. I have always had a thing for fish ceramics. Not sure why,but I am always drawn to them and this darling tea pot is no exception.

If your home or outdoor entertaining area needs a bit  of sprucing up I think these would do the trick!! I would not  use all the koi inspired items together, it would become a bit thematic, but one of these pieces would look great.

Before you leave I thought you might enjoy seeing a few rooms that are blue and white, a favorite of mine for summer decorating.














Have fun shopping!!

“Enjoy the Process” Of:

Adding some fun blue and white pieces to your summer decor!

Kathysue

17 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Love blue and white, have seen very little I don't just love, so appreciate the crisp and fresh vibe it gives to pretty much any room!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Beautiful Kathysue!

Thanks so much for the inpiration. I have ordered the famous chalk paint and hope to paint J's mother's old oak kitchen cabinet. The white cabinet photo is just what I need for a guide.

helen tilston said...

Hello Kathysue

These are beautiful hand picked pieces in blue.

I love them.

Wishing you a day full of sunshine and a blue and white awning to shelter you
Helen Tilston

Unknown said...

I just got the same email and was loving the same pieces....a fun collection to be sure!

Cathy

Marianne said...

I love the blue and white combo. It's so fresh and clean, especially for summer!

vignette design said...

Great blue and white inspiration, my blue and white friend! Are you buying that rug for 49.99? It's beautiful!

Stacy CUrran said...

Well, I do not know why World Market failed to include me on an email announcing such lovely products! I got 437 emails yesterday, so it's not like I'm picky about email lists I join! I LOVE the second to last image...never seen it before either. Have a great day! Oh ps....your story about Target was too funny :)
Stacy

Linda Hartong said...

I do love Blue and White. That cube would be a great foot rest for moi

michele said...

so great to meet you! thanks for your kind words and for this lovely post. i plan to follow and get caught up on your blog!

michele

designchic said...

I'm such a fan of blue and white. Loving the ottoman...so fun for a beach house!!

Marcus Design said...

Gorgeous picks, nothing is more classic than blue & white, it is so fresh and pretty. Kathysue, thank you so mcuh for your thoughtful and insightful comment today, I just find this topic so interesting!
Nancy xo

Mel@georgicapond said...

You can never go wrong with lots of pretty pics about blue and white. These are gorgeous.

SHERRY HART said...

Kathysue...I am playing catch up right now...behind on my blog reading :) I think there is nothing more classic than blue and white. I love that it is making such a strong comeback these days.

Karen said...

Blue and white, always right-especially with some of the bargains you found.

Bunny from Couleur Nature said...

Love those World Market pieces, especially the ottoman. But I really love the photos of the crisp white and deep blue rooms. Very summery. Thanks for sharing!

Yelena Starikova said...

I love this White and Blue/nautical Color Pallete~ Gorgeous!

Im your new follower!

AllGlamThings

Jessie said...

I am in love with the blue and white color combo recently and these inspirational pictures are so perfect! That blue ceramic fish teapot is beyond adorable too, love it!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com