home about me our home

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day MOM!!!



My Mom, Wow! Where do I even begin. As soon as I start to write about her I get big tears in my eyes. Not sad tears but overwhelming loving tears.

I was a fifties child and Mom was the quintessential fifties Mom. We were the typical family of that era. Dad worked Mom stayed home with us kids. We had a house a car and a dog. Life was pretty good!! Little did I know that it was more than pretty good.

Since I have grown up and have become a Mother I can look back and realize it was great! You see we had everything we materially needed but more importantly we had a love from my Mom that I can hardly describe into words.

Mom had the ability to show me the kind of love we all hope to have in our lives. You know the kind of love someone gives you freely without any strings attached. The kind of love that is unconditional. I knew without a doubt that I was loved. I also was made to feel that I could do anything I set my mind to do, and I would always have my Mom by my side as my most faithful fan.

Above all the things she gave me, the greatest gift was that I knew she loved me no matter what. Her love is still that way today. I am so blessed to still have my Mom in my life and you know what? She is still my biggest fan!

Happy Mother’s Day, Mom! I love you big bunches,

Sue

10 comments:

Tote said...

What a wonderful tribute to your Mom! Happy Mothers Day Kathysue.

Susan

La Vie Quotidienne said...

What a lovely tribute to your Mother and A Happy Mother's Day to you!

vignette design said...

Beautiful Kathysue. Your words and your Mother. Now I have tears....!
Have a wonderful day my friend. Love, Delores

Sue said...

This was a wonderful tribute and I'm smiling through tears because I could have written the same words. I too am a 50's baby, mom stayed home and was always my biggest cheerleader. This year is my first without my mom, but having had that wonderful relationship with my mom for so many years makes it okay. When you love someone freely and have no regrets...you are blessed. It seems to me that you are very blessed.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Kathysue, you mom is so lovely and I know how much you care for her. She did a fantastic job raising you, you are so special. Happy Mother's Day. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

Lovely!

Marcus Design said...

Happy Mother's Day to you Kathysue, and to your sweet Mom! She raised an amazing daughter, that's for sure. I had a wonderful lunch with my own sweet mom today, such a blessing!
Nancy xo

Linda Hartong said...

What a gorgeous Mom. I'll bet she is so proud of you. All that investment of love and time paid off for both of you.

Sally@DivineDistractions said...

What a lovely gift to your mom! I know she would love you anyway, but I'm guessing she's overflowing with pride and love for you! Clearly, she did a great job passing on the values that have made you a great mom and grandmom too! Happy Day to you and your mom!

Unknown said...

Very sweet Kathysue. Have a lovely Mother's Day!