home about me our home

Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Making of My Centerpiece!

As I have mentioned before creating a table is very much like creating a room. You need a nice color scheme, variation in textures,balance and good scale in all your elements.

In my previous post, "Where to begin When Designing a Holiday table,"  I took you through the thinking process I go through when I am deciding on how I want to go forward on a holiday table.

 For the centerpiece for this year's  Easter table  I decided to use moss, baby tears and either daffodils or daisies for my flowers.

Here is the base I started with……..
Easter 2011 Prep 009 (600x800)
The next step was to decide on the flowers!
I was all set on the daffodils and then this happened quite by accident…..


Easter 2011 centerpiece 003 (800x600)
I had cut some of the daisies and placed them in a glass of water. They leaned towards the moss and I immediately knew this is the combination I needed to use!!! I love when something like that happens and I just knew it would be right.

At first I had planned on using only moss in the French flower bucket, but after this happy accident happened I knew it had to be the daisies!!

Next I put a container in the middle of the French flower bucket to hold the flowers. I made a ring of moss around the container………..


Easter 2011 centerpiece 002 (800x600) 


Next came the daisies!! I placed them in a dome shape in a tight cluster. I then added a touch of yellow in the form of pom-pom buttons…….


Easter 2011 centerpiece 025 (800x600)
Next I needed to addressed the base. My arrangement was starting to look like a little Spring garden to me. To continue the look and feel that was evolving I added a little touch of yellow to the base. I originally thought  I would  only use moss and baby tears……….


Easter 2011 centerpiece 008 (800x600)
...... But I was really happy with the addition of  the yellow button pom-poms.

Easter 2011 centerpiece 007 (600x800)

Now for the fun part I get to put it on the table runner. I also made two smaller arrangements in galvanized buckets to add to each side of the centerpiece.

Easter 2011 centerpiece 018 (600x800)

Easter 2011 centerpiece 021 (800x600)

Easter 2011 centerpiece 026 (800x600) 
Easter 2011 centerpiece 015 (800x600)
I will set the table next and show the final pictures. I must admit the making of the centerpiece is always my favorite thing to do.

I hope you all have enjoyed following along in this process with me?! I promise there will be final pictures later.

I am “Enjoying the Process” Of:

Putting together my Easter table for my wonderful family!!

Kathysue





22 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Fabulous....so cherry and spring and Easter-y. Beautiful..happy Easter!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh, Kathysue! It is always so much fun watching you create a holiday table! I love the direction this one is going...so cheerful and springy! I wish a wonderful Easter to you and your sweet family!...hugs...Debbie

Kimberly said...

That turned out so beautiful. I like the way the smaller buckets reflect the image of the tablerunner... Such a pretty centerpiece!

Becca Bertotti said...

Love it, Kathysue! It's the perfect centerpiece ... love the moss, along with "happy accidents," too !! Happy Easter !!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Kathysue, that is sooooo cute! Have a wonderful Easter with your family.

Sue said...

I love it! Working with flowers is "my thing" so I really enjoy seeing the process someone else uses. Where do you find the moss like that? I really like this look. Happy Easter!

La Dolfina said...

This is gorgeous Kathysue.
Eddie would be so proud :)

Tote said...

As I expected, you did a wonderful job! I love the yellow & white.
Have a wonderful Easter Kathysue! Enjoy your family & friends.

Susan

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love it Kathysue, you always amaze me with your wonderful centerpieces. This one is fabulous. Can't wait to see the whole table. Hugs, Marty

Sarah said...

Kathysue, I've had fun reading through the process of this. I scrolled down and started at the beginning. Sorry I'm late arriving. Life swooped in recently and stole much of my computer time. ;-)
Love the fresh color pallet of this table. That yellow really pops. The zig-zag of the fabric is almost electric. You've got style!!!
Happy Easter! ~ sarah

vignette design said...

Very creative Kathysue! I love it! Yep, Eddie WOULD be proud!

Blooming Rose Musings said...

Beautiful, Kathysue! I loved reading through the process. You are always amazing. I love it!

SHERRY HART said...

Kathysue...Really that is so cute...better than "Martha" :)
You gave it so much thought and it shows.....I know that everyone will be "wowed" when they see your table. I hope you have a fabulous Easter with family.

Linda Hartong said...

Soo cute

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Very pretty Kathysue. I love the addition of the daisies and the little yellow flowers.

hugs
Sissie

quintessence said...

What fun!! They are so cheerful and spring-like!! Can't wait to see the whole table set!!

Unknown said...

Very springlike! Love the yellow. Have a wonderful Easter day!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Very happy table. Isn't this so much fun to decorate for the people you love?

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

so so pretty! I purchased pink tulips for my table yesterday morning. for some reason, by yesterday evening, they look like they were dying... They're looking a little better today. maybe I'll share my table tomorrow!

HAPPY EASTER Kathysue!

Uncovered Ruby said...

Kathysue that is just beautiful..I want to practice making beautiful center pieces like this..just lovely. Have a wonderful Easter. Lisa ;-)

Mona Thompson said...

Kathysue, Fabulous, is all I can say. You did a wonderful job and your table is so pretty. I loved the pic you posted on facebook. Happy Easter. One of my favorite days of the year. Mona

Acanthus and Acorn said...

Kathysue,
This is so clever...I just love it!
~R