home about me our home

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Examining Spring Color Schemes for Easter!!



I am like the rest of you that love to create. I like to try and create something different from what I have done in previous decor or decorations for special   holidays like Easter.

I thought I would review what I have done in the past few years in order to make sure I do something a wee bit different for this years Easter table.


One Easter I did an all white theme……………..


IMG_0737
This was the centerpiece. Fresh spring green grass, real gerbera daisies and white roses. One more special little element that any good spring arrangement needs, sweet little porcelain birds.


The next year I chose to do a whimsical forest scene. I wanted the bunny to look like a huge chocolate bunny. I chose little chicks, mushrooms and clay pots full of chocolate eggs…………..


2 (640x480) 


1 (640x477)
Bright pink, bright yellow and white were my color scheme for this year.


3 (640x480)
I chose to use things from my garden by using rocks, moss and real flowers from the garden.


untitled (640x480)



Last years table started with an inspiration from Anthropologie…….

My Easter 2010 004 (800x600)
I started with this darling ceramic robin egg blue egg holder, which I can use in my refrigerator after Easter to hold my eggs.

I already had the striped quilt that I used as a table cloth and I had the bright yellow plates from the year before. So it was settled, bright yellow and blue it will be.

Next I needed to decide  what elements  would work with this color scheme. First came the obvious, eggs, some kind of yellow and white flowers, and for greenery some wheat grass.

 Yes, that will work just fine. Here is the table setting I came up with for last years Easter table………..

Easter table 2010 005 (800x600) 


Easter table 2010 006 (800x600)
Daffodils, Daisies and Moss!!


Easter table 2010 001 (800x600) 


Easter table 2010 003 (800x600)

I have used an all white, a bright yellow and bright pink color scheme. Then I used bright yellow and robin’s egg blue as my color scheme for Easter.

I really need to look around and get some color inspiration for something to go with my green and white and galvanized metal base that I have planned for this year. If you missed how I came up with my Inspiration for this year you can read it here.

Since I am working with the green and white stripe in my wallpaper and the galvanized metal of my French flower buckets I think I could go with a soft or even a bright color scheme, so I am going to visit both of these ideas………..


Soft to medium value pinks and white……………..

birds nest (495x631) 


62b74b310600[1] 



securedownload[8] (652x512) 


8b4f3afea74f[1] 



4 (536x400) 


02fe58cafe6c[1] 



1 (354x365)
I think this could make a really nice color scheme. What do you all think? Can you see pink with my green and white and galvanized metal?

Shall we visit the idea of a brighter color scheme?

Come back for another post and I will show you what my other color scheme idea is!!!


“Enjoy the Process!” Of:


Looking at different color schemes to help pull together a design plan.


Kathysue

22 comments:

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Each of the tables you have done is lovely...all quite unique and fabulous! I am looking forward to see what you will do this year...I haven't even gotten my Easter decorations out of the basement yet! I guess I better get busy.

Beach House Living said...

They are all lovely.
Now may I ask how do you keep all the stuff organized? I'm lucky to plop a few flowers in a vase and call it day.

Foley said...

Beautiful, love all the little details. Favorite is your moss base table setting..may have to tell my sister about that since she is hosting Easter!

sheerserendipity said...

All your tablescapes and the arrangements are beautiful. I can't wait to see what other schemes you havem in mind! I'll be back to check it out!

Sherry

Babs said...

Your earlier Easter/Spring posts are all wonderful and so different from each other. I love your inspiration photos, especially the tulips in the twig bowl and your color scheme of medium pink, green and white with the galvanized flower bucket. Can't wait to see this year's design. I know it will be gorgeous. Have a great weekend.

quintessence said...

Can't wait to see what you do!! Love your shots from Easters gone by - as charming as the adorable forest scene is, I really love the elegant all white!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

You always do the most wonderful tablescapes. I can't wait to see what you do this year. I know it will be fabulous. Hope you are having a super day. I'm battling a cold. yuck! Hugs, Marty

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh oh oh oh!!! Kathysue has started on her Easter table...goody! Can't wait to see! I love the idea of the pinks with the galvanized look! I remember your other lovely tables, too. Loved your cute post...especially the plates! lol Happy weekend!...hugs...Debbie

Design Elements said...

lovely ideas! Happy Saturday

Tote said...

Kathysue, the tablescapes are beautiful! You have such an eye for detail.

Susan

Blooming Rose Musings said...

I eagerly await what you have in store for us. You are ever amazing in your creativity. All your previous tablescapes were gorgeous and I am looking forward to the new one. It always excites me how adventurous you are with color because I tend to hold back in that area. This is exciting, Kathysue!

Sally@DivineDistractions said...

Lovely pink! I have no doubt that you will have the most beautiful Easter table ever. I'll be doing good to get the laundry off of the dining room table!

Linda in AZ * said...

*** I L*O*V*E*D this posting today, Ks... just LOVED IT!!!! ***

...Sooo pretttttty, sooo HAPPY n' sooo upbeat!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I tooo just ADORE doing Easter & spring tables~~~ and yours are YUMMY, my friend!!!

Warmest blessings,
Linda in AZ *
bellesmom1234@comcast.net

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

You,ve done some fun schemes. i love the white one of course, but there are some nice ideas here!

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

I think you are on to something with the pink. But then, I love all your Easter tables. Such fun. XO

designchic said...

Wonderful Easter tables...can't wait to see the one you do this year!!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Kathysue, I love your Easter settings and what great pink spaces.

SHERRY HART said...

I think this years colors are great. I can't wait to see what you whip up especially after seeing your previous table scapes! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Love the tablescapes... so fun and pretty! Yay to Springtime! xo

Leslie {Goodbye, house. Hello, home!} said...

Oh!
I just love all your tablescapes!
Could I please feature you this week on my blog? This post?
Would you mind terribly?
It's was so nice to meet you at my mantel :)
I'm gonna keep my eye on you!
:D
Lemme know if you'd like to be at my place?
Thanks!
HUGS and blessings,
~Leslie

Acanthus and Acorn said...

Kathysue,
I think it sound like a winner! But, after seeing the white and the forest(a dream table for any kid...or grown-up) and can't wait to see the outcome!
~R

Glamour Drops said...

So many lovely colour combinations! And the first image, of the white one, is really beautiful too.

A good reminder that Easter is just around the corner, and a fabulous excuse to play around with some fun vignettes.