home about me our home

Friday, December 3, 2010

QUICK and EASY Christmas Decor !!!

During the holidays we all need some quick and easy decorating ideas. Just because they are easy does not mean they are not fabulous!

Easy and simple doesn’t always have to look like you threw it together last minute, but the following ideas really could be thrown together quickly and at the last minute.

If you are short on time and ideas try one of these………..
6 (360x460)
This is not a new idea I have seen it around blog land. I think I found it last year. I love the simplicity of this idea and so easy to do!!


7 (360x460)
You can get the small cypress trees at your local grocery along with the apples and put them in a fun bowl and Voila!!


8 (360x460)
What a fun way to store the spools of ribbon you will be using this year. decorative and useful.


14 (300x357) (300x357)
Even the bedroom dresser gets festive!!



4 (300x357) (300x357) (300x357)
I love the simplicity of this and look how fun and colorful!



15 (400x420)
Love the use of natural materials here.


Christmas kitchen 2008 021 (800x599)
This is an idea I use in my own kitchen. I take candle rings and place them around each of my cupboard doors add a ribbon and it becomes a mini-wreath. I have been doing this for years. I might switch it up a bit this year!!

 I think back in the olden days I only paid $.25 ea. for the candle rings. Here is another easy idea to brighten up the corner in your kitchen……….


Christmas kitchen 2008 017 (800x600)
In the dark corner of my kitchen I use a mirror. By placing a poinsettia in a white pot with a chalk board I can write a little message.

All of these ideas are quick and easy and not costly for time or monies.

“Enjoy the Process” Of:

Adding Fun and Quick Festive elements to your holiday home.

Kathysue


If you put the rolls of your Christmas wrapping paper in a lovely basket they can even look like part of your decorations when placed by the tree!

Make your guest feel special with a dollup of whip cream and crushed up candy cane on top of a regular cup of coffee.

You can also buy peppermint syrup at starbucks to go in a cup of hot chocolate. I like to keep this on hand for  Holiday guest. A can of redi-whip and smashed candy canes and I am good to go!!

26 comments:

Anna White said...

Kathysue..I love all these examples...the first one is gorgeous...and your little Fa la la la..is way too adorable..hope you have a wonderful weekend lovely x

Jules said...

Love the bedroom dresser with it's bows!
Have a wonderful weekend xx J

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Cute ideas, Kathysue.

Angela said...

You're right. Easy, yet charming and different. Thanks for sharing. BTW, I have admired your kitchen since before you even had a blog. Can't remember where it was posted at that time, maybe Flickr or Rate my Space, but I have stalked it for some time. Glad you started a blog. Merry Christmas.

Kat said...

Great ideas for some quick and easy, but still fun decorating. I love the ornaments hanging from the banister. Of course, I would need a banister LOL. And your fa la la poinsettia is my favorite! Hugs, Kat

Abby M. Interiors said...

These are wonderful ideas! I am seriously considering buying some cypress trees today. Thanks for being such a great Christmas resource!
abby

Karen said...

The tiny wreaths on the knobs are such an adorable touch.

Party Resources said...

Great ideas - love all the Xmas inspiration. Happy weekend!

Acanthus and Acorn said...

Great tips for anyone, but especially those who don't have the space or time for decorating big trees!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Kathysue,

Love the ideas from your personal kitchen most. As always, what YOU do yourself is a lot more valuable as the 'borrowed' ideas...
Have a wonderful time; day by day with getting closer to Christmas!!!

Mariette's Back to Basics

koralee said...

So magical...love every single one my friend...may your weekend be filled with JOY around every corner. xoxoox

Something Nice and Pretty said...

So many great idea, love the pinecone one and your corner of your kitchen!

Rondell

La Vie Quotidienne said...

What nice ideas and all quick and easy...my favorite is the ribbon in the container.(-:

Cyndi said...

These are super ideas Kathysue! That first one is one I have been thinking about doing for awhile but haven't.Really impressed,lots of new ideas and SIMPLE!
Cyndi

dovecote decor said...

Kathy Sue: I've been off piste, trying to help my ancient parents out. Thank you so much for your loyal and consistent comments. It warms my chilly fingers, when you come around. If the apples and mini cedars are all over blogtown, who cares. Its new to me! It will be on my kitchen Island. All the bloggy girls are helping me to get in the mood. Thank Goodness. I couldn't see past the turkey.
Best,
Liz

Jane said...

Thank you so much! These types of ideas are the ones that I like the best.

Jane H.

Heather said...

I love your use of mirrors! And the wreaths on the kitchen knobs are awfully cute too!

tinyskillet said...

These are some great ideas. We have so many windows in our house, the hanging pine cones and glass ornaments are great!

The adult verion of peppermint patty...add some peppermint schnapps to hot chocolate!

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

Oh gosh, I'm loving the mini wreaths around the door knobs..., I was literally holding some of those cuties in my hands last weekend in the Christmas Shop..., then put them back on the shelf because I didn't know what I would do with them (avoiding impulse buys!!)... NOW know. Maybe I go back!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Kathy, I like all your tips, simple and elegant. I'm sure glad you liked mine.. sometimes especially lately less is definetly more.. hugs ~lynne~

Anonymous said...

Fabulous inspiration Kathysue!

Anonymous said...

Fa-la-la stickers on a poinsettia. Brilliant!

Sue said...

I really think a few ornaments make everything prettier. I love them in bowls, jars or hanging from anywhere. You have some wonderful suggestions here.

erin's art and gardens said...

such cute ideas here! are these your photos? thanks you so much for visiting my bloggy and leaving such sweet thoughts! happy weekend to you.

erin

Kathy said...

I enjoyed these lovely pictures -So many pretty , simple decorating ideas :-)

Mona Thompson said...

Great tips! I think everyone is loving simple this year! Thanks again for the fabulous Guest Post you did for me. Have a great weekend. Mona