home about me our home

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

This Year's Thanksgiving Table! Finally!!!!

I am done with my table!! It is a good thing since tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Napkins are ironed, table is set, and the mincing and chopping are about to commence!!

I know, I know you want to see it don’t you? Since Thanksgiving is all about sharing I guess I should share it with you all.

Last years table was a cornucopia of sorts………

Thanksgiving Table 2008 057 (800x600) (800x600)



So this year I thought I would go more simple, but still keeping to a tight color pallete of greens and creams.

4 (475x360) 
4 (475x360)
You all know how much I love to monogram anything and everything, so what do you think?

I really like the way this table turned out, but it is not mine!!!  Sorry I could not resist!!



3 (607x774)
I do love green!!!  and this is different from last years table don’t you think?  Still not my table!!!


After looking and looking for an inspiration, I finally found it. I planned my table and I started setting it. I got so frustrated with the whole process! It just was not turning out like I had envisioned so I said, “Fine!!! this will just have to do,” so I just left well enough alone……………


1 (800x603)
…………My guest will just have to figure it all out!!!!!!


Sorry for diversion, now for the real story! As I was saying…..

I wanted to do a simple setting this year with a soft color pallete. I find if you keep your color pallete tight it is less busy when all the food is on the table.

I found my inspiration from none other than Martha Stewart.  I think Miss Martha is the queen of soft color palletes and understated elegance.

It was one of the easiest tables I have ever done, I think maybe simple is the way to go!!!
 Finally!!!
My Thanksgiving Table.....


Tday 2010 048 (800x600)
I chose an all cream and green color pallete this year.  I really am enjoying this fresher take on Thanksgiving colors for my home.


Tday 2010 035 (800x600) 

 
In this picture you can see the place setting. I have used my everyday white dishes.  They are by Mikasa in their super strength bone china.

I also have my everyday silverware by Wallace. It is pretty simple with a small beading around the handle. The knives are by Laguiole, John Deboust made in France.

Simple white linen napkins topped with an antique sterling butter knife.

The glasses are similar to the glasses that Ina Garten has. I found out that her glasses were $100 a piece so I went looking around to find a less expensive option.

My friend Debbie found these on Ebay for me. They are old Fostoria Century water goblets. I love the bell shape. Several of you thought these were a cloche in my, “ Guess what this is?” post.

  The salt cellars were purchased at the Alameda Flea Market last December when I got to meet Eddie Ross and Jaithan Kochar!

 Boy was that a great day!! If you ever get to go on one of Eddie’s shopping trips please go, it was so informative and fun!!!

 Here is a picture of us in the very cold wind in Alameda from last years trip.
084 (600x800)
Now back to the table……….

Tday 2010 046 (600x800)


The wheat is a soft green and cream mix. I tied it with a 3in. double faced satin bow. This is my favorite type of ribbon to use. I tie a loose bow and let the tails fall naturally.

It is easy to get this effect by taking the end of the tail and lifting it gently so it will fall naturally. I like this look so much more than the wired ribbons that look so contrived when they are made into a sort of wave pattern.


Tday 2010 053 (600x800)

I took this shot so you could see the shimmer of the satin ribbon and the color and design of the tablecloth.


Tday 2010 032 (800x600)

So there you have it!! I hope it did not disappoint any of you. You have all been great sports with my teaser post, and waiting for me to finally get to the point in this post!! I must admit I had a lot of fun writing it!!!

  Thank you for being such faithful readers and blogging friends. It is because of you all out there that I keep wanting to create and write.

It has become such a wonderful part of my daily life. I had no idea how much fun all of this could be.

More importantly I had no idea what wonderful people bloggers are!!! You guys are just the best and that is all there is to it!!!!

I am sending my Best Wishes for a wonderful Thanksgiving to YOU and Yours!!
“Enjoy the Process” Of:

Sharing your Thanksgiving table with Friends and Loved One’s.

Kathysue

41 comments:

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hello sweet lady...

Ohhh my...your Thanksgiving table IS GORGEOUS, my friend! I love, love, LOVE the soft green and cream color palette! It's very elegant! Love your paisley tablecloth...it is one that I would have chosen! Hehe! Kathysue, your table centerpiece is just breathtaking! I love the wheat and ohhh my...that green satin bow with it's flowing tails...is sooo pretty! I love it...I love it all, my friend! You did GOOD!!! Thank you so much for sharing your fabulous table with us...such a treat! Ohhh...and I love your photo with Eddie Ross! I bet that was a fun shopping trip!

Well my friend, wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving! Have a safe and blessed holiday!!!

Love ya,
Chari @Happy To Design

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathysue!
You are such a tease. I just love all the settings but your tops them all!

I am in love with the striped wallpaper in your dinning room and the lovely greens on your table makes a perfect setting for dinner.

Beautiful!

Happy Thanksgiving.

hugs
Sissie

Blondie's Journal said...

This is just stunning, Kathysue! I love your colors and your dishes and silver are just beautiful. The wheat makes for a simple and sweet centerpiece! I just love it. You are going to get tons of compliments from guests!

Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!

XO,
Jane

Kat said...

This is just lovely Kathysue! I love the colors you chose, and that tablecloth is stunning. The wheat sheath is really perfect. Simple, elegant, and gorgeous! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Hugs, Kat

Jules said...

It's beautiful! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. xx

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Kathysue, I knew it would be beautiful. I love the cream and green and the simplicity of it. You and I have the same dishes. I love them. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. Hugs, Kim

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

Your table looks fabulous! If I didn't have so much going on today I may rethink my arrangement and move into copying mode! Alas, too much to do today starting with lunch at Maddie's preschool....each class is making a dish and we parents are to show up at noon for a full Thanksgiving feast...their teachers are saints! Happy Thanksgiving!

Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

The wheat centerpiece is so stunning! Have a great Thanksgiving tomorrow! I'm sure your guests will be blown away!

Unknown said...

looks FANTASTIC - i love it!!!!

Happy beinging to the holidays!

*kiss kiss*
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous table Kathysue!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hill Country House Girl said...

Beautiful table, YOURS that is! The others are great but yours looks like home.Thank you for your encouraging words at Hill Country House.I have lots to be thankful for and was just very frustrated with technology in particular that night! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Kathysue, your table is stunning. I so love the simplicity of it. The tablecloth and the fabulous wheat bundle are just the perfect color and accessory for your gorgeous dining room. You never disappoint. So pretty. Love you and I hope you and all of your family have a very Blessed Thanksgiving. Hugs, Marty

Lee said...

Beautiful tablescape. Thank you for giving us such beauty -- a gift of your generous spirit.

Love your tablecloth and may start looking for just that one ;-) Any recommendations for good quality, little to no shrinkage linen napkins? I need to replenish my stash.

Anonymous said...

Your table is so BEAUTIFUL!!!!I love that picture of us! Have a Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving!! xoxo E

La Dolfina said...

Wow, I love it's elegant simplicity!
I so agree with you on that point. I've cleared my table in favor of a simpler look and then come here to find my best friend and inspiration came up with a simple table in the end too.
It's stunning Kathysue, simply stunning, just like you!!
God Bless you and your family this Thanksgiving holiday.
Big XO's from me!!!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Kathysue,

That is a lovely green palette of colors complimenting your dining room! Love the paisly pattern table cloth with the solid green ribbon. That is really KISS! Keep It Sweet & Simple...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your loved ones; great family picture of yours.

Mariette's Back to Basics

vignette design said...

Wow, Kathysue, you did not disappoint! Your table is so elegant. Love the satin ribbon and love the paisley tablecloth.
I set my table last night and ended up doing something I have never thought of before. Hopefully I'll have time to post it before this day is over!
Happy Thanksgiving my friend. I'm ever thankful for your friendship.

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Hello, Kathysue.

This is my very first time here and I'm falling in love with you blog. The pictures are great and everything is so inspiring. I'll definitely come back.

Your table is my favorite of all that I've seen this year. I love the green!!! It goes so well with your wallpaper. Perfection! I wish I was one of your guests. ;-)

Oh, I've just started a new blog. If you can, please go take a look and let me know what you think, ok?

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Heather said...

Your table looks beautiful! Martha Stewart is my idol, and so are Ina and Eddie Ross. My mom suggested that I take a look at your blog, and I'm so glad that she did. I love all your ideas.

Muffy said...

That is just gorgeous! I love when holiday decor flows so well with the home!

Beach House Living said...

I think it looks beautiful. I wasn't ever fond of the traditional fall colors too much. Last year's table was nice too.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

You are such a tease! Beautiful as always, Kathysue! I don't know how you always manage to achieve just the perfect look! Love the wheat in the center! Just stopping by to wish you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving!...hugs...Debbie

Blooming Rose Musings said...

Your table is gorgeous! I love the soft color palette. Very, very elegant.
One of the things I am thankful for this year is how blogging has brought so many of us together.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Jeanette said...

Perfection!
Happy Thanksgiving, my dear friend.
Jeanette

Sally@DivineDistractions said...

Just beautiful, Kathysue...as I knew it would be. I love the graceful elegance that you have created. What did you do in the years of toddlers and high chairs?? That's where we are these days. I think a lovely linen napkin might be wasted for us this year. I'll live vicariously through you this year!
Happy Thanksgiving friends. You're on my list of things I'm grateful for this year!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Kathy Sue, your table is so gorgeous! I love the soft colors and the tablecloth is to die for!!!! I wish you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving! XO, Pinky

kara@elements-interiors.net said...

HI Kathysue! Im your newest follower! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your blog! The tables are GORGEOUS!!! I would love for you to come see my 13 christmas trees and GIVEAWAY, YAY!

*ENTER CUSTOM FLORAL Give-Away Here *

xoxokara

Coordinately Yours said...

Simply beautiful. I too designed a simple tablescape this year {and blogged it}. It just felt right and I'm sure my guests will appreciate the additional table space. Thanks for sharing!

Kelly said...

your table is stunning! I found you via Eddie Ross on Facebook and I am your newest follower! Can't wait to read more posts:)

chisenfam said...

Kathysue, Your table setting is just beautiful and soooo soothing. Its also elegant and simple which is what I crave, esp when I cook all day. NOOOO, it doesn't disappoint, its just what I would have expected from you. Have a Happy Thanksgiving with your family tomorrow. Love, Carol

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Wow! You really had me going there for just a "bit". lol Your table is gorgeous, I wouldn't expect anything else from you. Love the ginger jars along with the beautifully tied wheat with the green ribbon.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
hugs ~lynne~

Marcus Design said...

What a fun and creative post Kathysue! I love it, and I love your table, just beautiful. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Hugs to you!!
Nancy xo

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

Your table is simple beauty! I think it looks great. Have a beautiful Thanksgiving!! My hubby is working until 3 but then our festivities will begin. Now I'm just waiting for the parade to start, the kids are so excited.

Enjoy your day!
~Michelle

Mona Thompson said...

Simple and beautiful! I love it. Happy Thanksgiving. Mona

Kellie Collis said...

Simply gorgeous! That's how your table is. Loving the goblets too! Enjoy the Thanksgiving! Kellie xx

xinex said...

Gorgeous, clean and crisp, KathySue! Love the centerpiece and the simplicity....Christine

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Your table is just SO PRETTY! it is so fresh and out of the box simple and elegant. I love how it blends right into the room decor, which makes it so elegant. Bravo! I love seeing last year's too, with the gorgeous mirror! Hope your day was wonderful.

Loft32 said...

It turned out just gorgoeus! You should be submitting these photos to Martha for inspiration! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving....I'm just now getting caught up on my blog reading.....in between shopping!
XO,
Candace
LOFT32

diamondgirl said...

Your table is beautiful! Would you please share where you purchased your gorgeous paisley tablecloth, and what brand it is, name of pattern, etc? I would LOVE to have one! Thanks!!

Kathysue said...

Hi Diamond Girl, I have to answer you here about the tablecloth since you don't have a blog, I hope you get this. The tablecloth is a Ralph Lauren and I got it on clearance at Homegoods, now for the best part, it was only $13 and it does up without having to be ironed, A win-win!!!

diamondgirl said...

Thank you soooo much, Kathysue! I just found out today about a new Homegoods store in my area, so I will be shopping soon! I REALLY appreciate your sharing this!!!! :)