home about me our home

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Last Years Thanksgiving Table

The first decision I make in planning my table is, what colors will I use. Last year's table consisted of linen, cream and green.

I then look at my linens, dishes, glasses and flatware to see what will work in my overall color scheme.

Next, I decide on a centerpiece. I love to use fresh produce from my grocery store. Once I decide what I want to use I order it from my produce man.
Last year, I decided to use all cream and green produce. Here is what I started with………

Thanksgiving Table 2008 007
Here is how I put it all together…………….

Thanksgiving Table 2008 056 (800x600)
The cut glass hurricane was perfect with its silver trim and the glass had wheat cut into the glass which I repeated that element by using it in my arrangement and it also appears around the rim of my plates.

Thanksgiving Table 2008 038 (800x600)
I used white linen and natural linen napkins. You will notice the white are tucked under the plate and draping. The linen napkins are folded almost in a cornucopia shape.   The sweet green glasses were a purchase from the Dollar store. They have fruit and grapes in a relief pattern.

Thanksgiving Table 2008 041 (800x600) (2)
Thanksgiving Table 2008 047 (800x600)
I love using mirrors to reflect the candle light. I have two pieces of mirror each three feet long. This arrangement is almost six feet long on an eight foot table. I tend to like elaborate, over the top, or simple centerpieces. I chose elaborate for last years centerpiece.

I hope you have all enjoyed my post on Thanksgiving table settings, some of my own and some of images that I thought you all would enjoy seeing.

Next in line will be post on Christmas decorating and ideas. This is one of my favorite subjects. I am really looking forward to sharing ideas with you all.

“Enjoy the Process” Of:

Setting your Thanksgiving table, but most importantly enjoy the loved ones  that sit at your family table! Be thankful for the blessings we have in our wonderful country.

Kathysue


17 comments:

Hamptontoes said...

What a beautiful table setting! Isn't it fun to explore the endless possibilities? I'm having Thanksgiving here this year and can't wait! Here's to a healthy holiday season!

Anonymous said...

Kathysue, will you come set my table for me? I'll buy you the plane ticket!! You can stay for turkey too, bring the family! I love your idea of using a mirror for reflection.... beautiful! Have a lovely weekend, Doll! xo

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, Kathysue! I'm glad you're going to join the Christmas party too. We're actually having a winter storm here today so it makes the idea of Christmas not as premature as it seemed when I posted it :-)

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Kathysue, I love this table. I remember seeing it. You always do the most wonderful table centerpieces. This is one of my favorite. Stunning. I can't wait to see yours this year. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Marty

Sally@DivineDistractions said...

Martha Stewart has nothing on you, girlfriend! That's an amazing table. Great balance and scale, and I love the silver phesants! In fact, there's just not anything I don't like about it! Beautiful!

Kathy said...

your tablesetting is BEAUTIFUL -How welcome your family and guests must feel when they sit down at your table.

Unknown said...

Kathysue,
Your table is BEYOND!!!! I am so enthralled with your use of the mirror, the layering the glamour of it all.

I'll be taking notes as I set my table this year!!!

Pinky said...

This is gorgeous! I love the mirrors, love the silver pheasants, the dishes, well, I love it all!!!!!!!!!!!! The centerpiece is beautiful! Have a great weekend! XO, P

Blooming Rose Musings said...

Oh Kathysue, your table is elegant and beautiful and also very inviting and welcoming.

Absolutely Stunning!

Did you say Christmas!?! Wow it came around quickly this year, didn't it. I can hardly believe we are at Thanksgiving already.

diane@onlinefabricstore said...

Beautiful table setting. you are very talented and thanks for sharing

Kellie Collis said...

That is just gorgeous! I love your centerpiece! So original! Have a beautiful day, Kellie xx

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Kathysue, Your centerpiece is perfect--not too big but capturing the elegance and simplicity of your table so well! I have those birds--maybe they will visit my table this Christmas! And the green walls of your room are absolutely beautiful! Linda

Foley said...

Absolutely love your table - it's going to be difficult to improve on this. Can't wait to see the one for this year!

Darcy from The I.Design Box said...

I love your place settings! What is the pattern? I'm guessing they are vintage or antique because I'm pretty sure I saw something similar at an antique shop but thought I'd ask. The table is gorgeous!

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Its just a pretty as I remember it from last year. Then again, your table usually are. Love you. Barb

Cathy M~(checkitoff) said...

I thinks this is beautifully done! I love how you used mushrooms & green beans! You did a wonderful job explaining all of the the little details! love it! hugs, Cathy