home about me our home

Monday, June 21, 2010

A Relaxed Blue Sunday!!

This past Sunday I had the best day with a friend. It was not a complicated girl's day. It was a simple relaxed time with a friend. We met up at Barnes and Noble. First we each got an iced Passion Tea with Lemonade and then we started perusing. First on the agenda was to find some summer reads for plane rides and trips to the beach. I found a few that will be fun girly reads. I went to the design section and pulled several books to look at and my friend went to the cook book section.
I skimmed quickly through about three books and then I came to one that took my breath away. It is not a new book but a book full of the most gorgeous pictures I have seen in a long time. I know beauty is subjective but I can not imagine anyone looking at this book and not ooohing and aaaahing.
ginger jars
I am talking about the book by Carolyne Roehm, “A Passion for Blue and White.” I guess if you don’t like the color blue you probably won’t enjoy this book. This girl however loves blue and white. In fact I use it a lot in my home for the summer months to cool the look of my home for the hot summer weather. You can see how I incorporate blue and white in this post showing my summer mantle.
As I turned each page I became more and more relaxed and almost felt like I was on a wonderful trip that was surrounding me with nothing but beauty. I think when a book can do that it is a reallllly good book. I have a few images from the book that caught my eye, well actually they all did, but you must see the book for yourself.
hydrangea
Simple Elegance at its best!
blue glass
Whenever a setting is done with multiples and with a tight color pallete it gives one the Wow Factor!!
outdoor
This is symmetry done well. It looks inviting and pleasing to the eye, but not contrived.
table
I love blue and white porcelain pieces with pops of pink. This is one of my favorite combinations. I like to use this combination in my backyard pots and planters.
This is only a small amount of the blue beauty you will get when you read this wonderful book. This has inspired me to get out my blue and white pieces and revamp my home for summer. I love to be inspired by such beauty, don’t you?
“Enjoy the Process” Of:
Absorbing the beauty in a great design book.
Kathysue

16 comments:

Miles Of Style said...

very beautiful and inspiring images indeed! thanks a lot for sharing.

p.s don't forget to enter my giveaway contest this week!

Persis.
http://www.onestylemile.blogspot.com/

Allie and Pattie said...

Kathysue, I have the book ( packed somewhere!)- she has a wonderful sense of style. I love the combo of blue/white/green. It's like an instant soft breeze
xoxo Pattie

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathysue,
I'm starting to like blue more and more in my own home. But, I would enjoy looking at all those lovely rooms in blue. So pretty and serene.

hugs
Sissie

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Kathysue, I believe I ordered that book when it came out. It does have some wonderful photos in it.

Unknown said...

I think I need this book, I am SUCH a blue and white girl!

Jules said...

Ooooooh....Aaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

La Dolfina said...

That is a great book and you showed some of my favorite images from it. Who pray tell does not like blue & white?
I wanted to thank you for your lovely comment on our anniversary.
Much love and happy new week my love :)
xo

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

I love the blue and white with the pops of pink as well. So fresh and pretty.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Kathysue, these are some gorgeous pictures. I love the blue in your home and the way you use it. So pretty. Hugs, Marty

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

I, too, love blue and white. Thanks for the recommendation....just what I need...another book.....but I may have to go check it out!

Anonymous said...

I adore Carolyn Roehm: very classy indeed! I have a garden planner book she did years ago and have never written in it: can't bear to put any marks in such a beautiful book. I am not a blue and white person, but yes, these photos are beautiful!

Nancy's Notes said...

Kathysue,, I want that book now, it looks fabulous!

Have a great evening!

Nancy

Privet and Holly said...

WOW is right! And you know how I feel about blue! Loving it right alongside you. I've got limited internet tonight, but had to see what you were up to. I'll be checking back tomorrow. {Have a wonderful trip!}
xx Suzanne

Unknown said...

The only book that I can imagine being better for you than this one, would be one title "Green and White"! LOL I love cobalt blue, but I like it mixed with warm colors...hot pink, yellows and oranges, khaki and some white.(not all together!) The table settings you posted are really lovely, and good ideas all around.
Have a great week, Kathysue

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Oh I'm in love with the table settings! Gorgeous!!
XO

Yahnay said...

Wow I really love image, 2,3 and 4 the colours are so vibrant and fresh.