home about me our home

Friday, April 9, 2010

“ Pretty Shade”


Spring is here and soon we will all be spending more time outdoors. I know I have been planting some pink and white impatiens in my back yard. I love flowers because they just make me smile!! I started thinking of different ways to beautify our yards. I personally love natural canvas Market Umbrellas. I know that there is nothing new or terribly exciting about a Market Umbrella. I think they make a yard look cozy and inviting. I thought I would look around and find some interesting and different Market Umbrellas to share with you.
fn-1314-no_stand[1] 
fn-1306-no_stand[3]
fn-1849-no_stand[3]

Aren’t these amazing!! They are made of oil treated cotton and hand painted. I think anyone would feel very special sitting under one of these lovelies! You can purchase one of these here. They measure 76” in diameter. You would not use this as your main source of shade but what a great functional conversation piece. Here are a few more patterns and colors……..
fn-1850-bamboo_stand[1]httpwww.outdoorlivingshowroom.comumbrellasoriental-furniture-fn-1850-bamboostand-summer-roses-umbrella_g468834.html
I found a few more really interesting and very pretty possibilities for your yard…….
httpwww.theurbangarden.co.uk
prd{53277795-763C-4AA9-AAB5-5AD426AC209A}[1]
Look at the detail on this bright pink outdoor parasol. This would look amazing in a yard with a pool and a chaise covered in wonderful Moroccan patterned pillows.
prd{0505B9AA-4396-495A-BA97-809D892D69E2}[1]
I love the black and white on this umbrella. It is such a sharp look and the detailing is gorgeous.You can find these two umbrellas here
SBD_004_sm[1]
I will take ruffles with my umbrella, please!
SBD_024_sm[1]
Purple with fringe, Yummy.
SBD_015_sm[1]
Pink and white striped delight!
SBD_005_sm[1]
How about a basket weave for your umbrella?
SBD_009_sm[1]
Remember the 1960’s daisy pattern. This totally reminds me of that look.The last five umbrellas can be found here
prd{4B0F4F13-8B45-4296-83D0-D5832AFDC9B5}[1] 
Everyone needs a little luxury for their yard. You would surely have it with this white and gold beauty. Look at the detail on the pole. Amazing. You can find this umbrella here
I hope some of these lovely umbrellas and outdoor parasols have inspired you.
Enjoy the Process” Of: Adding lovely shade to your garden.
Kathysue

17 comments:

Allie and Pattie said...

These are too adorable! What a statement piece for the yard!
xoxo Pattie

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I prefer the natural ones, too and I need to get one. Those are some brightly colored and unusual ones.

Hamptontoes said...

Love this post as I'm currently on the hunt for a fabulous umbrella in pumpkin orange. My search continues. Have a great weekend.

Hamptontoes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Kathysue, these are some really cute and wild umbrellas. They definitely would make a statement. I think I am more the plain white kind of gal. Hope you are having a super day. Hugs, Marty

Tricia said...

Those are so pretty Kathysue, I'll take the black and white one please. :)
Have a great weekend.
T

Averill said...

These are absolutely gorgeous. Hopefully when we finally get our yard up to snuff and start adding in furniture/accessories, I can snag one for myself! I particularly love the chinoiserie ones.

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

Especially love the ruffled one and the purple one with fringe. Fun post.

Judy said...

I just love the market umbrellas. I always drool over the ones from Ballards and Pottery Barn. My back deck is furnished with black and furniture...last year I had a black umbrellas which got very faded so this year I went with a pretty lime green for a pop of color. It looks really great with my black furniture and lime green and black striped cushions.

Have a great weekend!
Judy

Judy said...

....I mean black furniture!

Unknown said...

So pretty to look at, but truthfully at the end of the day, the more natural for me the better!!!

Sanity Fair said...

WOw - I set out to pick a favorite and totally failed! Too many great options. That pink with pom poms is a winner though, and I love the yellow chinoiserie. Just beautiful.

Sue said...

Oh how fun...I love that daisy pattern. We used to always have a table or two with umbrellas. The house we have now gets so much wind on our deck and patio that we kept losing them. They do really add something special!

Sue

Cashon&Co said...

I HAVE to have that second one!! Yet another great post friend!! xoxo

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Ruffles, please!! ;)

La Dolfina said...

Hello my sweet friend!!
I'm back and so behind on all your posts. I've missed you so and promise to call and catch up soon.
Have a wonderful weekend,
I love you!
xo

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

These sure do make my umbrella look "blah"! They are so great, and I loved seeing them. Thanks for always finding such great things for us to see. laurie