home about me our home

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Different Lighting Choice for ME!!

I am not sure why I wound up on Layla Grace’s website . I know I had been there before but it had been awhile. I of course looked at the lighting first. You know how I love lighting. I am going to show you just a few lights that I found intriguing and for a descent price. I loved the shapes. Although a bit industrial they were appealing to me. I love industrial in others homes but just have not found a piece to fit in mine, until now. See what you think about these Jamie Young lighting fixtures……….
JYL158_sm[1]
The color green caught my eye immediately and then the shape was just so intriguing to me. It comes in other materials like these…..
JYL164_sm[1]
JYL171_sm[1]
This is mercury glass so the black line is actually a reflection it is not in the fixture.
httpwww.laylagrayce.comDepartmentsHome-StoreLightingPendants-and-Laterns.aspx
JYL159_sm[1]
Is it just me ? Or are these fixtures unusual and striking? I really love these.  I think these are a very reasonable price at $200.
I just had to share these with you, I love these!!
“Enjoy the Process” Of: Using different types of lighting in your home.
Kathysue

13 comments:

Jules said...

Kathysue I love it love it!!!have been control + 'ing all over the place it still doesn't solve the pale type bit but does make it easier. Better go back now and look at your post but I couldn't wait to tell you!!!!.........Love the green on it looks almost like a decanter. Thanks for the help you are a mate xoxo

Allie and Pattie said...

I am a nut for lighting- these are wonderful! The green is quite striking
xoxo Pattie

Kat said...

These are beautiful Kathysue. I love the green glass, especially the last one. Great finds. Hugs, Kat

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Love the wicker looking one, Kathysue! I scrolled down to catch up...great B&W post...changes how things look! And I heart that first table in your cozy post...so frenchy! Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love different lighting. I have loved seeing industrial looking lighting used in people's homes lately. Those are quite beautiful.

Tricia said...

Those are unusual and a great price. It would be the mercury glass for me!

Unknown said...

The silver, must have! That rattan would be cool for outdoors, too. I agree, Kathysue, $200 is very reasonable, thanks for the resource!

Sally@DivineDistractions said...

I think the glow from the green glass would create such soft ambiance in a space. The more industrial ones go to an entirely different place, but I can see them in so many applications from cottage to coastal. Personally, I'm not loving the rattan....I think it conjures up visions from the 60's that I've already lived through!

La Dolfina said...

Hi friend,
Loved our chat today:) You are the best!
I offered you up to Kerry at The Tranquil Townhouse as someone who might be able to give her some advice on color for her den/office. She's a lovely blogger from Australia who needs some help and I immediately thought of you!! You'll love her and I know you will be able to give her some valuable guidance:) Kathysue to the rescue!!!!
XOX forever

Unknown said...

Love them Kathysue! I have to let you know too.. just how much your comments mean to me - you are quite simply the best.xoxo

koralee said...

I adore these lights..I so want to change up my kitchen...I love elegance with industrial. Hugs to you. xox

Unknown said...

Gorgeous lighting, loving the green one! Have a sweet day!

paula said...

loving the mercury glass, so pretty.