home about me our home

Saturday, February 13, 2010

I NEED SOME SUNSHINE!!


So far my blog has been all about design. For those of you who know me or have read my profile know I also love fashion, make-up (I am such a lipstick junky) and gardening.  I just noticed something! The things I love involves making things more beautiful. Hmmmm! ( Some deeper thought on that later). 

 Today I am going to show you some fashion items that have been catching my eye lately.  Over the years I have noticed something about how I shop for fashion.  It all started on shopping trips with my Mom.  I noticed I shopped by colors.  You know a green day, or a blue day, or a yellow day.  I am in the mood for some sunshine relief from the gloomy winter weather, so I went looking for it in the form of clothing.  Are you ready for some sunshine?


I love this outfit!! I  would not wear it all together, but each piece is worth buying to me and mixing it up with other pieces.  We all know we should not be too matchy, or what I like to call Smatchy. You know when the matchiness smacks you in the face.(Please feel free to use this phrase whenever it is appropriate)




Darling tote for this spring.


I know this is not yellow but you can tell I love to mix my basic black and whites with a pop of color.  I think this sweater would look darling with jeans, white shirt and cute yellow flats,don't you?

Now for a bit of a surprise! All of the above pictures are from Tarjay!  That's right, all at great prices and a fun little addition to brighten up your wardrobe.
I am going to try and show you pieces at all affordable price points.  There will be a few splurges and some that I will even have to find a copy-cat look.  It is fun to just look and get some ideas. Shall we continue?

You must admit if I am going to mix bright yellow in with my black and white I need a cute pair of flats.  Love these from Nordstroms by Via Spiga for $99.  I know for some a bit high, and for others not, but these would last for quite a few years so why not splurge on a staple for your wardrobe

No one does brights quite as well as Kate Spade!  This is a super-splurge in my book at $216. I will probably be looking for one that cost less but, I still had to show you.  After-all this is virtual shopping.(No money has exchanged hands in the dreaming of this purchase.)


Express for $49.50! They have a sale right now- buy one get one half-off.


Anthropologie for $88, very cute!


I love stripes and this is a cute combination of two favorite colors black and yellow, by Lauren Jeans for Dillards priced at $49.50.
Bjorn flats are just FUN!! And comfy!!  $88.


Another striped top from the Gap $39.50


London Fog $88


DSW $39.95. I am thinking seriously about this one. I realllly want the Kate Spade, Oh well. I told you I will have to be looking for a copy-cat look.  This is not a copy-cat for the Kate Spade, but it is bright yellow.


Jessica Simpson for Macys $38.00
This would give a simple outfit a lot of punch.


Even this fun beaded bracelet from Old Navy at only $12.50 would look great with a plain white tee and jeans.


Hurley Wilson for Pac Sun at $39.50


Piperlime for $70, these ballet flats are adorable.


With all of these fun pieces in yellow don't you feel a little sunnier?  Whether you can wear yellow or not, think of another color to add pop to your wardrobe.  Remember, a little POP goes a long way, so keep it to one item. No Smatching allowed.

I must leave you with one last picture, afterall this is a design blog, right?

Whoa!! That is a little bit too sunny!

"Enjoy the Process" Of: Adding a bit of sunshine or pop of color to your wardrobe.

Kathysue

12 comments:

Tricia said...

Seeing yellow always brightens my day. Unfortunately my wardrobe is almost 100% black, white, and gray....some yellow would certainly mix well with those basics!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Kathysue, love all the yellow. I am so glad we actually have sunshine today. We have a mix coming back tomorrow night. I am over rain. I love flats. All I wear really. I have some cute patent leather yellow driving moccasins by Anne Klein i-flex. They are very comfortable and add that pop of bright color with my jeans. Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Valentine's Day...Kim

Kat said...

I love that Kate Spade bag too! And those piperlime flats are precious. Great finds. I love a pop of yellow, as long as it's not too near my face. Otherwise I look like I belong in the hospital! Kathy

Unknown said...

Kathy, your "sunshine" really hit the spot for me after all that snow. Love all your great finds!
xoxo Vicki

Tammy@InStitches said...

You just made me realize that I have no yellow purses or shoes or jewelry. I only have one yellow shirt and it's kinda pale....... I think I might need some yellow flats this spring ! thanks.

Jeanette said...

Thanks Kathysue! I really needed your sunshine to pick me up on another gray day. Even though I don't wear much of that yellow, it sure is fun to look at and I love it on other people. I went shopping yesterday and bought mostly black again - just one pink top. But the best part was the size 8 petite jeans at Ann Taylor! After months of dieting it is finally paying off. Yippee!!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

I love the sunny yellow, Kathysue! I am not quite through enjoying winter, though! I scrolled down to catch up...you're a blogging machine! lol Love that Gucci trash bag! And you've got me thinking about cute flats! Gotta let the snow melt, first! Happy weekend...hugs...Debbie

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

What great taste you have. Such beautiful sunny yellow colors that makes us think spring, spring, spring.

hugs
sissie

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Thanks Kathysue, it's hard to keep your chin high all the time when you see all the talent out there (including you) smiles. I just started my ladies days, so maybe that explains my mood...lol

xinex said...

I love the yellow cardigan, KathySue. So pretty! I can't wait to dress for spring and your blog just got me even more excited...Christine

Sue said...

I tend to be all about denim, black and khaki...and then pop with color. I do a lot with red, but yellow is okay too. My favorite-the Bjorn flats. I'm at a stage in life where I don't even care what shoes cost, if they feel good and I can wear them all day...I buy one in every color.

Sue

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.