home about me our home

Thursday, January 21, 2010

What COLOR Are YOU??

I am " GREEN!"



We all know color is subjective.  I thought it would be fun to take a little test to determine what color "We" are.  I took the test and it said I am " Green."  What does that mean?  Well, according to the test it means, " You are a very calm and contemplative person.  Others are drawn to your peaceful, nuturing, nature."  Seriously, I did not make this stuff up.  Here is the web site so you can go and take the test yourself.  http://www.quizmeme.com/
 I know it is just for fun but sometimes they come very close to being right.  One of my dear friends took the test and fouond out that she was blue. It described her perfectly.  Take the test and  let me know what color you are?  Since I am " Green", how would you like to see some green rooms?  Green is a color that does make me feel peaceful.  It is the color of nature and springtime.  Green is a color that is used in my home repeatedly.  The main color in my kitchen and dinette are green as you can see in the above picture.  I love almost all shades of green, however, there are a few that I do not find suitable for decorating in my own personal home. The following rooms, are all rooms that I would love to live in.


No surprise here.  Lime, black and white!  Love it!


Just a hint of green in this room makes it fresh and cheerful.


Aaaaaaaah!


Notice in this room there are several different greens but they all work well together. I read a long time ago, that all greens will go together.  I have not proved that point but I find the concept interesting.


Very Soothing


Time for an afternoon nap.



Fresh and Fun


I am ready to move in.  I love the sloped bottom of the chair.  Notice the casters on the legs. They added an interesting piece of iron work next to the window.  This room is Perfection!


This might be bright for most, but I love this room done by Sarah Richardson, one of my favorite designers on TV.


Fresh, Open and Airy.  Three of my favorite adjectives to use in describing a room.


I would love to sit and read in this room. What great light.


This is just wonderful.  I know the green looks a bit bright but I think it is more a lighting issue than the actual color of green.  I love the soft taupe and white with the pop of green and no other colors.

I hope you let me know what color you are!!

"Enjoy the Process", Of:  Finding what COLOR You are!

Kathysue

16 comments:

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Kathysue! Well, you know I am a blue! lol And you certainly could look around my blue and yellow house and figure that out! I love the green pops in the pics you shared. I scrolled down to catch up...you are a blogging machine!...and I love the sale items you showed us. Funny...I have some pillows I found while thrifting that are similar to the Gradinroad pillows propped up against my headboard! lol And, of course, I LOVE that last picture of the lavender field...ahhh! So frenchy! I hope you are staying dry in all of that bad weather you all are having! Happy Thursday...hugs...Debbie

Kat said...

I guess I AM green, each one of these rooms really speaks to me, especially the first and third. And the dining room in the last shot is perfection, I love the way they brought the outdoors in with the pops of green. You always find the most wonderful photos to illustrate your posts. Now I'm going back to that first kitchen for another cup of coffee! Hugs, Kat

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Neat quiz. A bit different than I've taken before. My answers indicate I am a blue person.

You give your love and friendship unconditionally. You enjoy long, thoughtful conversations rich in philosophy and spirituality. You are very loyal and intuitive.

Not a lot of blue in our home, other than the dining room walls and a guest room. My wardrobe doesn't have much blue either. Home and wardrobe fairly neutral. Interesting.

Fun post, Kathysue.

Sue said...

I am also green. I think it is that word nurture that best describes me. I tend to want to "take care" of people and problem solve. I am one of the least "calm" people you will ever meet. As for my house, I really don't have much green. I have seaglass aqua, and a bit of green in palm tree pictures etc. That was fun!

Sue

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey! I love green too, but didn't score that in the test. It says I'm Violet, which would be my least fave color to decorate with. Yep, go figure!

I was going to copy the description here, but it didn't save for me. Anyway, fun test!

Love these green rooms, I've always had some green in my house too. ANd I'm with you, I do not think all greens go together. Blue based greens look horrible with yellow based greens, I think.

gina said...

I was a green too... my score was 84/180.


My first inclination was to disagree but then I thought about it and the main color in every home and a good part of my lifetime's wardrobe has been soft shades of geen (like sage, NOT mint!). So , hmm.

Jeanette said...

I am a green also. Love the pictures you posted!

Shannon said...

I'm not sure what color I am but my favorite color is green and I love to decorate with it. Those rooms are beautiful!

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

The test said I'm green too. I would have to agree that I'm calm (most of the time) and VERY contemplative and, without a doubt, green is definitely my favorite color to decorate with. However, as much as I like almost all shades of green, I think it is sort of odd that it is one color I do not enjoy wearing.

I absolutely love that living room with the green sofa, pink striped chair and pillows, white furniture and pale yellow walls! Gorgeous!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Kathysue, I was blue when I took the quiz, but I know I am green with envy when I see your dining room. You posted some beautiful inspiration, and it was fun to go take the quiz. laurie

Kathysue said...

Laurie, Aaaaah ,you are too sweet, thankyou! I would have thought you were blue,it perfectly describes you. Kathysue

Erin {House of Turquoise} said...

The quiz found me to be YELLOW! Yellow on the inside, but turquoise on the outside! ha! :)

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Ok Kathysue I'm blue...who would of thought ha ha!! that it's all about family with me ha ha!! Hope you have a great day my friend...Hugs and smiles...ps I have snow in my part of calif...Gloria

La Dolfina said...

I just took the quiz and I guess I am...


VIOLET

You surround yourself with art and music and are constantly driven to express yourself. You often daydream. You prefer honesty in your relationships and believe strongly in your personal morals.

Very interesting test! Thank you Kathysue!!

xo


Terri

Velvet and Linen said...

Like Terri, I'm Violet too!
That's so funny, because I have been drawn to that color my whole life.
What a fun quiz.

xo
Brooke

DesignTies said...

I knew I'd turn out to be violet :-) Purple is and always has been my favourite colour :-)

Thanks for leaving the link to this post in your comment on my blog :-)

Kelly @ DesignTies