Monday, October 24, 2011

GREAT IDEAS Worth Sharing On A Monday Morning!!


You all know I have a Pinterest board, in fact some of you follow me, and it is so fun to see you not only on my blog,but over at Pinterest.

I have a pin-board marked, “Great Ideas!” for those who have not visited me there, just click on the Pinterest symbol on my sidebar!

Today I thought I would share with you some ideas that I think are worth sharing to start off your week!………



Make a light switch plate time capsule!! This would be so fun to do in your child's room so they could read about themselves when they get older!!




I love this idea!! Why not utilize all the space available in our homes.



Adorable!! I think this would be so cute as as surprise in your little one’s lunch box or to have for a play date.




With the Holidays coming upon us we just might need a hostess gift! What a fun presentation this would make! To make it special how about having their own personal monogram placed on the sleeve. I think a trip to Goodwill  is in order, even I could make one of these!!!





I love cutting boards and this idea is one I just might try. If you go to this blog, Unexpected Elegance, there will be a tutorial on how to transfer an image onto a wooden cutting board!!



Did you know that there is a  Krylon spray paint to make an object look like a mirror? I did not know that until I saw this tutorial on how to make your own mercury glass by spraying with water first and then using the spray paint!! I have not seen this in person, but the picture looks pretty darn good to me!! I think it might be worth a try! If it is good enough for Martha, it is good enough for me!……….





These are just a few of the Great Ideas I have discovered! It is a brand new week and I am looking forward to a GREAT WEEK!!!!  I am wishing you all a Great week as well! Just remember too………..

“ Enjoy the Process!”


Kathysue

22 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Hello my dear friend!

Did you enjoy your weekend? I had a great one and remembered your words telling me to rest. I did it! :-)

I don't have pinterest yet, but I'm always there, looking around...So fun, right?

Talking about fun, this post is great! I love, love, love the kids' lunch idea. I need to do that for my little ones. They'll adore it!


Have a Blessed Week, sweetie!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Such fun and great ideas. I hope your weekend was super and you have the best week ever. Love ya. Hugs, Marty

laxsupermom said...

Great ideas! I'm going to have to use the butterfly baggie idea for my 6yr old's lunch. He'll get such a kick out of it. Thanks for sharing.

Splendid Sass said...

Thank you, Kathysue. My favorite was the door and the mercury glass. WOW! ANd the sleeve and snack is adorable.
have a nice Monday.
Teresa
xoxo

The enchanted home said...

Hi Kathysue, loooove these ideas! The internet is literally limitless, I am amazed on a daily basis! The light switch, is a great idea, the door which doubles as a shelf is brilliant and love the idea of transferring an image to cutting boards..they are so pretty!! Thanks for sharing YOUR great ideas!

pam {simple details} said...

Thanks for scoping those out for us, I'm going to put the butterfly in my son's lunch, he's 13 - he'll die!

Sheets on the line, love in my heart. said...

such awesome ideas! love the mirror finish!
blessings,
rebeca

5th and State said...

kathysue, you are the best of the best! always sharing such great ideas, all of which i love!
xo
debra

SHERRY HART said...

Kathysue...you are constantly giving us a reason to live :)......all of those really cool ideas. Hope you are doing well.....

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

Love the bottle sleeve and the Krylon mirror spray paint project.
Have a lovely day, Kathysue,
~ Wendi ~ xo

Carla@DesignintheWoods said...

Great ideas, indeed. Love the Krylon spray paint idea. I just got started on Pinterest. Yes, I am behind the pack here. I'll get over there and follow you!

Melissa Miller said...

Kathysue I love to see what you pin as I follow you on Pinterest. I just started myself a few weeks ago and love it! You are welcome to follow along on my boards as well.

Did you know there is a Pinterst weekly party? I just met the lady named Natasha and linked up my current post. You should too. This is all great inspiration. I love the little butterfly idea. Cute!

Ivy Clad said...

The bookshelf door is too perfect!
Thanks for the great ideas!

-Keri

Bring Pretty Back said...

I love to see creative cool ideas like these!!!! Keep showing us what you find!
Have a pretty day!

Angela said...

Thanks for including me in your list!!! I love some of these projects, especially the door!
~Angela

Beach House Living said...

I'm loving the french cuff wine bottle holder and it may be the answer to holding on a loved blouse with french cuffs that got a stain on the front!

Designs By Pinky said...

The cutting boards are terrific and the mercury glass!!! Who knew! Thanks for these tips! XO, pinky

quintessence said...

Wonderful finds and ideas!! I especially love the bookcase door and the charming butterfly snacks!! Looks like this week is off to a good start!!

Sherri Cassara said...

GREAT ideas! Especially am intrigued by the mercury glass spray paint - I will have to check into that! Happy Monday Kathysue!

pretty pink tulips said...

What great ideas!!! None of which I'd seen before. Thanks so much for sharing them with us today!!

xo Elizabeth

Jessie said...

These are all wonderful ideas, Kathysue! My favorite is the built-in bookcase idea! Thanks for sharing.

Oh, by the way, come join my giveaway for a chance to win a stylish SCOUT travel bag (worth $75). Don't miss this opportunity, only one day left!

http://www.mixandchic.com/2011/10/product-review-and-giveaway-scout-by.html

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Kathysue, These are all great ideas and I especially like the time capsule. Between blogs, Pinterest and Houzz I no longer have a social life! They are all highly addictive. I am on my way to follow you on Pinterest.
Hugs,
Sherry